Governor Tom Wolf has issued a “stay-at-home” order for seven counties across Pennsylvania including Monroe County, effective at 8:00 pm this evening (Monday, March 23, 2020) and will remain in effect for two weeks.
What does this “stay-at-home” order mean and what can you do? Here are the specific activities allowed under the governor’s order:
· Tasks essential to maintain your health and safety, or the health and safety of your family or household members (including pets), such as obtaining medicine or medical supplies, visiting a health care professional, or obtaining supplies you need to work from home
· Getting necessary services or supplies for yourself, for your family or household members, or as part of volunteer efforts, or to deliver those services or supplies to others to maintain the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences
· Engaging in outdoor activity, such as walking, hiking or running if you maintain social distancing
· To perform work providing essential products and services at a life-sustaining business (An updated list of both life-sustaining and non-life-sustaining business is attached below).
· To care for a family member or pet in another household
· Any travel related to the provision of or access to the above-mentioned individual activities or life-sustaining business activities
· Travel to care for elderly, minors, dependents, persons with disabilities, or other vulnerable persons
· Travel to or from educational institutions for purposes of receiving materials for distance learning, for receiving meals, and any other related services
· Travel to return to a place of residence from an outside jurisdiction
· Travel required by law enforcement or court order
· Travel required for non-residents to return to their place of residence outside the commonwealth
Please be assured that while the BML Operations Office is closed, your Preferred Management team are working from home remotely and will continue to provide community management services to the BML community as seamlessly as possible. The Preferred Management corporate office will also continue to provide all financial and accounting services without interruption.
Facilities Support and Security (Public Safety) are considered an essential service to the community. Therefore, Greg Decker (your on-site Facilities Maintenance Manager) will be onsite (Monday – Friday as necessary) and our GardaWorld contracted security staff will continue to work to maintain the safety, preservation and security of the Blue Mountain Lake community (Monday – Friday from 11:00 am to 1:00 am and weekends from 8:00 am to 1:00 am).
We will continue to be proactive monitoring the information provided from our governmental agencies and health networks and get this information out to all of you as quickly as possible.
Please stay safe and stay healthy. We hope that this virus can be contained and eradicated as quickly as possible!